The GapZero Approach
Gaps in the project safety strategy or implementation plan threaten the success of your turnaround or project. CertifiedSafety has developed a collaborative approach to help you identify and then take steps to rectify and eliminate those gaps. We call our process GapZero. It is designed to be a set of proactive and continuous improvement procedures that will examine past and current experience into a post project review taking those lessons learned forward to your next project.
Below are some questions that help identify gaps that could threaten the success of your project:
- Who owns the safety of your project?
- Who is responsible for the implementation of your safety plan?
- Do you have the safety specific leadership resources needed prior to the planning phase?
- Do safety advisors walk out critical path jobs with mechanical personnel to identify risk and eliminate or plan around those risk?
- Are safety professionals involved in the project planning phase?
- Are safety advisors involved in developing the work plan?
- Is there a clear and concise communications plan?
- Who owns the safety communications plan?
- Is a plan in place to minimize the delays associated with releasing the plant(s) for permitting mechanical work?
- Do you have the resources needed to drive the work safely, on-budget and on-schedule?
- Are all of your contractors' safety personnel qualified and objective?
- Are safety audits planned and coordinated around the work?
- Are JSAs (Job Safety Analysis') being completed effectively?
- Are risks being effectively identified and mitigated in the field?
- Are objective and productive interventions taking place?
- Is safety performance being measured?
Post Project Review
- Do you have the resources to hold an effective post project review?
- Was the project safety strategy and plan implemented as planned?
- What aspects of the safety strategy worked well?
- Where can improvements be made?
- Were metrics delivered by contractors?
- What did our safety observations and/or incident data tell us?
- What changes does the group want to see implemented on the next project?
- Do we have all safety related documentation and information in one well organized location?
Back To Top